|Introduction to the Industry:
1. Construction industry structure.
2. The role of the plant operator.
3. Finding and using information relevant to a specific task.
4. Construction registration schemes.
5. Qualifications and Continuous professional development.
6. Trained Operator Achievement Test
|Manufacturers instructions, machine handbooks, test and thorough examination certificates. Awarding body and scheme handouts. Qualification literature.
|Dump Truck - Articulated Chassis:
1. Basic construction, names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
2. Use of the operator’s handbook, other information sources, Approved Codes of Practice and legislative documents.
3. Pre-use, start, running checks and close-down procedure.
4. Preparing the dump truck for site and road travel.
5. Travelling the dump truck over different terrain, including rough, undulating ground while unloaded and loaded.
6. Travelling up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
7. Manoeuvring progressing to confined spaces in a forward and reverse direction.
8. Positioning the dump truck to receive loads.
9. Precautions and actions for overhead services and other hazards.
10. Loading procedures.
11. Load characteristics, integrity and security.
12. How to discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
13. How to place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition.
14. How to load and unload the dump truck on and off a transporter.
15. Trained Operator Achievement Test.
|Manufacturers instruction, machine handbooks, test and thorough examination certificates. Current legislation Approved Codes and Practice and Government body guidance.